Look right directly at the image above,what do you see? You're probably guessing its a external hard drive,if that's initial first guess then you're completely wrong. What we have here is not an external hard drive but an actual PC. Its creator slash manufacturer is InFocus and its name is Kangaroo ( the actual name of the computer that is).
For such a compact sleek device,the Kangaroo PC houses some pretty impressive specs.Starting with quad-core Intel Atom (Cherry Trail) x5-8500 processor clock speed measured at 1.44 GHz ( 2.24GHz turbo boost), along with 2GB of RAM, 32GB eMMC of storage. For Internet connection it has a dual-band 802.11ac Wireless. Interesting enough, the Kangaroo PC has an actual finger print reader that's placed right next to the power button which is located on the side of the device. According to InFocus,this compact PC with all its densely packed hardware within can operate for 4 hours on a single charge.
The Kangaroo PC runs Windows 10 Home Edition,but potential buyers have the option of loading OSLinx iOS app to the device,thus allowing you to use the tablet as a monitor.
If you're one of those inquisitive techies like myself who wants to get their hands on the Kangaroo PC it'll cost you just $99, its available right now on Newegg.com
The Spec Sheet:
- OS: Windows 10 - Home edition
- CPU: Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.24 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel Processor Graphics Gen8
- Video Memory: Sharing System Memory
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3
- Hard Drive: 32GB eMMC
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 A/C (Dual Band) / Bluetooth 4.0
- Expansion Slot microSD
- Security: Fingerprint reader
- Battery Life: 4 hours (casual use)
- Dimensions: Computing module : 80.5 x 124 x 12.9mm / Base : 80.5 x 46.9 x 12.9mm
- Weight: 200g (without adapter & power cord) / 470g (including adapter & power cord)
- Ports: (Computing module) microSD, Micro USB (charge only); (Base) USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, HDMI x 1, DC-IN
- Audio: Supported through HDMI
- Cloud: OneDrive
- Power Adapter: Input: 100V-220V ~ 1A, 50-60Hz / Output: 12V/3A
- Accessories included: Software - OS Link (requires USB cable), dock, power supply, cables